At Med-Trans, we believe that safety is much more than a buzzword or just a regulatory compliance standard. We are absolutely committed to safety as a core value and proud to be a leader in the industry with proven, pro-active accident/incident prevention principles.
We apply these principles to all areas of our air ambulance service operations including personnel, equipment, management and program relationships. No priority will supersede our commitment to our flight crews, patients or customers to provide the safest, most reliable Emergency Air Medical Services available.
State-Of-The-Art Technology for Enhanced Safety and Performance
- Night Vision Goggles – enable aircraft and crews to provide a significant increase in the level of risk mitigation for night flights over unfamiliar terrain.
- XM Satellite Weather – provides pilots with real-time weather updates in the cockpit.
- Satellite Flight Tracking – allows for continuous near real-time monitoring for all aircraft from our regional communication centers.
- Helicopter Terrain Avoidance Warning Systems (HTAWS) – shows approaching obstacles, so pilots can steer clear well in advance.
- GPS – an all-in-one navigation and communication unit that makes navigation calculations quickly, making it easier for pilots to read and interpret critical information.
- Integrated Satellite Telephone Technology – ensures communications beyond line-of-sight radio coverage areas.